Derby Day


Dress (only a few left, similar here and here) // Hat (similar on sale for $18) // Scarf on hat // Sandals available in Brooks Brothers Factory stores

I love scrolling through Instagram during the Kentucky Derby because of all the over-the-top fashions. While I won't be attending (maybe some day....) I thought it would be fun to share a Derby inspired outfit. I love this dress because it is a fun take on a shift dress with the ruffle detailing and cute cutout on the back. I know it will be one that I will be wearing to some of the many upcoming graduation parties next month! Since I don't have a unique and over-the-top hat for the Derby, I added this gingham cotton tie scarf to a simple sun hat for a fun touch. I love how such a simple accessory can completely change the look!
Right now it looks like the odds are in favor of Nyquist, so I'll have my money on him this year :)

Let me know who you're betting on this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This dress looks gorgeous on you, Renee! Happy Derby Day!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips